The hunt for Scotland’s Best Barber is on!
Are you a passionate, skilful barber that’s clever with the clippers and handy with a pair of scissors? Then it’s time to put your skills on show as you battle to be crowned Scotland’s Best Barber!
The Great British Barbering Academy has joined forces with the Look Awards and Barber Evo in a bid to track down Scotland’s king or queen of cuts.
Those wishing to take part have until March 30th 2018 to get their entries in. All entrants must be practicing their trade in Scotland and are required to submit three examples of their best work for consideration. Be sure to select images that best show off your strengths as a barber; whether that is perfectly executed classic cuts, modern adaptations, or truly out-of-this-world styles.
All entrants will be whittled down to a final shortlist by judges. The shortlisted barbers will then compete in the live final at Scottish Barber, Hair and Beauty 2018, where our knowledgeable judges will crown the most exciting and promising barber as our winner.
Scottish Barber, Hair and Beauty 2018 will be held at SEC Glasgow Sunday 22nd April. The event promises to showcase the rising standards of barbering and men’s hairdressing across the country, with razor sharp skills and results that truly speak for themselves.
The deadline for entries is 30/03/2018
The first stage
The first stage of Scotland’s Best Barber 2018 will open on 01/01/2018. Barbers are invited to submit their entry online by clicking here. You will need to attach three different examples of your best work. Each image that you submit will need to be of high quality and less than 1mb in size. The deadline for entries is 30/03/2018.
The Great British Barbering Academy and well know industry judges will shortlist six entries for the finals at The Scottish Barber Show.
The six highest scoring barbers from the judges vote will then be invited to compete in the national final at Scottish Barber Hair and Beauty 2018 on 22/04/2018 at SEC Glasgow.
Each finalist will have 90 minutes on the main Great British Barbering Academy stage to perform two different haircuts, giving the barber the chance to showcase all of their skills.
They will need to bring along two models for the day. The barber will be able to use their own equipment on the day. More information and logistics will be made available to finalists nearer the time.
On the day, our five expert judges will be scoring each barber on the following criteria:
• Difficulty (max of 15 points).
• Techniques Used (max of 15 points).
• Healthy and Safety (max of 15 points).
• Stage Presence (max of 15 points).
• Overall look (max of 40 points).
A maximum of 100 points can be awarded from each judge, giving each barber a total score out of 500.
Winners and Prizes
The overall winner will be crowned Scotland’s Best Barber for 2018 – a coveted title which they can use in their own PR and Marketing – and receive:
• Press Coverage from The Look Awards.
• Two page spread about them in Barber Evo.
• The opportunity to perform on the Great British Barbering Academy’s stage at Scottish Hair and Beauty on 23/04/2018 at SEC Glasgow.
• A year’s subscription to Barber Evo Magazine.
.• An invitation to sit on the judging panel at 2019’s competition.
Terms and Conditions
Barbers wishing to enter this once in a lifetime competition should complete the form below. You will need to attach three different examples of your best work.
1. Open to all barbers currently applying their trade in Scotland, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Great British Barbering Academy, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Please note that barbershops can enter more than one barber into the competition.
2. Entrants must be 18 or over on 26/12/2017.
3. Shortlisted entrants will be asked to provide proof of age before the final shortlist is confirmed.
4. The competition will run from 09.00 on 01/01/2018 and will close at 23:59 on 24/03/2018.
5. Shortlisted entrants will be notified by email or phone during the period: 30/03/2018 – 10/04/2018.
6. The six finalists will be expected to attend the national final at Scottish Barber Hair and Beauty at their own expense and will also need to bring two models with them to perform two different cuts.
7. Entrants are happy to submit to a full background check.
8. Entrants must not have partaken in previous work which may bring the Great British Barbering Academy into disrepute.
9. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants the Great British Barbering Academy a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute and display their CV, images or multimedia content on any media, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part. Entrants also grant each user of the website a non-exclusive licence to access their submitted material through the website. Each entrant confirms that their entry does not infringe the copyright or similar rights of any third party. The Great British Barbering Academy reserve the right at any time to remove any material or submissions which it deems to be unlawful, indecent, dishonest, or in any way detrimental to both brands without prior notice.
10. Entrants must be in possession of a valid UK passport.
11. The Great British Barbering Academy will not be liable for any loss or damage to you, or your property, unless caused by the Great British Barbering Academy negligence.
12. The shortlisted entrants and finalists may be required to attend media publicity events at their own cost.
13. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable and there are no cash alternatives.
14. Participation signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions, including the instructions to this promotion, which form part of these Terms and Conditions.
15. We reserve the right, without liability, to amend any part of the campaign.